We are Warwick Print, a leading digital printer and book binder based just outside Coventry at the University of Warwick. We specialise in cheap online prices for high quality soft book binding services, ideal for reports, catalogues, magazines, brochures.
Soft binding is Perfect Binding
Perfect-bound paperback book binding is great for keeping the cost of your book low - even for low quantities - but retaining a professional high-quality look and feel. No wonder it’s the most popular type of book binding available for books online and in bookstores!
- Files accepted: All main formats, incl. PDF, Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel, Rich Text Format, jpg, png (view complete list of files)
- Paper Size: A4 (portrait) as our standard product, other shapes and sizes available on request
- Spine: Soft binding
- Cover: Red, green or blue card board as standard, other options (photo cover) are available on request.
- Cover Material: Heavy Card
- Maximum Page Count: 270 single sided, 540 double sided
- Left hand margin (binding edge) requirement: When designing a soft bound book, please ensure that all important content and text is kept a minimum of 12mm from the bound edge of each page. This would be the left hand side for right hand pages and the right hand side for left hand pages.
- Turnaround: Maximum 3 full working days in production*
- Nationwide Delivery: Orders placed will be dispatched via reputable companies such as DHL and the Royal Mail.
- Cost: From £5.50
* May be longer during busy periods
Can't find the specifications you are looking for or have some bespoke details in mind? Don't wory, we can still help. Contact us to discuss your requirements.
Of course all our binding products are perfect, but why is soft binding also known as perfect binding?
Soft binding is a type of binding used to create paperback books by joining a cover – usually made of thick paper or heavy card – to the inner sheets that make up the publication.
With this binding method, the pages and cover are glued together at the spine with a very strong yet flexible hot glue. As the cover is often longer than the pages or the inner pages are not 100% flush, the three sides of the book are then trimmed as needed to give them clean "perfect" edges.
Like any type of binding, soft binding does not just hold together your printed pages, but gives shape to the publication, ensures it lasts over time and makes it easy to use for the reader.
Though the soft-bound covers are not as thick and therefore not as rigid as for hard-cover books, the finished book is still usually able to stand unaided on a book shelf.
We recommend choosing perfect binding if your publication has fewer than 270 pages, if you have a small budget and if you want to quickly bind your work; so typically this type of bookbinding is often used for reports, catalogues, magazines, brochures and the like.
Our fastest and cheapest soft binding option is a A4 paperback in a coloured card cover. We offer three colours (red, green or blue) and those products can be ordered via our online shop.
We do also offer bespoke products with different covers, shapes and sizes, so please contact us with your requirements.